On July 28, 1929, His Grace Bishop Mardarije Uskokovich, the first Serbian Orthodox Bishop to all America and Canada, consecrated the St. George Serbian Orthodox Church of Lorain, Ohio. Records as far back as 1925 show organization of the Serbian Orthodox Church community in Lorain and construction began in early August of 1927. Many of our grandparents and great grandparents helped build the church which graces the corner of Grove Avenue and E. 31st Street in south Lorain. Families continue to attend and care for the church and Divine Liturgy is served every Sunday and on holidays following the Julian calendar. May God grant us many more years!
Leave a Reply